Manish Partners with Guide Right
ShopManish was created to not only define what it means to be a man, but more importantly, to impact the process of becoming a man. As part of this goal, we have placed an unwavering precedent on philanthropy. This commitment to service came natural as both myself and co-founder Von were raised in under-served communities. However, this commitment became indoctrinated into our character when we became members of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Incorporated.
As Kappa Men and men of service in general, we are excited to partner with Kappa Alpha Psi's Guide Right program.
The purposes of the Guide Right Service Program is to place the training experience and friendly interest of successful men at the disposal of youth needing inspiration and counsel regarding their choice of a life’s career, and to arouse the interest of the entire community in the problems of youth as they seek to realize lives of usefulness. The basic objectives of Guide Right may be summarized as follows:
- To help youth in selection of courses leading to vocations compatible with their aptitudes and personalities.
- To assist students while they are in training, to get started in employment, and to progress successfully in their chosen fields.
- To assist parents in the handling of their children by giving them opportunities to talk over their problems with those who know and are successful in their chosen vocations.
- To afford the less fortunate youths a respite from the drudgery of the streets, through sponsored entertainment and cultural enrichment.
- To inform youth of the values of higher education, of assistance available for continued educational pursuits, scholarships, loans, professional counseling, fellowships, etc.
A portion of all proceeds from products sold on www.shopmanish.com will always go to a philanthropic effort that helps young men. Guide Right will be our first step toward making this impact within the community.